Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Carrot Cake

This carrot cake is AMAZING! My momma got this recipe from a sweet Greek woman she works with at Costco. We have really enjoyed this recipe. I mean, really. I have made it three times in the last two months. The canned carrots make the cake fantastically moist, and as you can see, there aren't too many steps.

2 cans of sliced carrots (drained, mashed into submission)
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups oil
4 eggs
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Mix ingredients together, pour into 9X13 greased pan. Bake @ 350 for 45 minutes. My oven runs hot, and cooks it in 35, so check the cake well before the time.

Cream Cheese frosting

1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1 8 oz pkg cream cheese
1 lb powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla

soften cream cheese butter, stir in sugar until desired consistency is achieved.

** I made this today, but I forgot the oil! (oops) It still tasted fantastic but had a similar density to banana or zucchini bread. I would dare say that you could divide this recipe into two loaf pans and make carrot bread. Maybe substitute the oil with applesauce? You might have to play with the amount, but if you try it let me know:)

1 comment:

Followers