If you have ever been to Boston Market, you have probably been blessed with tasting their amazing meatloaf. Well, when our mother happened upon a likely facsimile years ago, it became one of our classic dinners. To this day when people complain about their mother's yucky meatloaf, I just don't understand. This recipe is delicious and utterly easy.
1 cup Tomato sauce
1 1/2 tbl Barbecue Sauce
1 tbl Sugar
1 1/2 pounds Ground sirloin
6 tbl Flour
3/4 t. Salt
1/2 t. Onion powder
1/4 t. Ground black pepper
Dash garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine the tomato sauce, barbecue sauce and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Heat the mixture until it begins to bubble, stirring often, then remove it from the heat.
3. Reserve 2 Tbl sauce. In a large bowl combine the remaining sauce and meat until throughly mixed.
4. Add the remaining ingredients to the meat mixture and stir until combined.
5. Place the meatloaf into a loaf pan. Cover with foil and place in oven for 30 minutes.
6.Remove meatloaf from oven, uncover, and carefully drain the fat.
7. Using a knife, slice the meatloaf all the way through into 8 slices while still in the pan. Pour the reserved sauce over the top of the meatloaf, in a stream down the center. DO NOT SPREAD THE SAUCE.
8. Return the meatloaf to the oven, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until done. Remove and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
8 slices, 4 generous servings.